Teen Summer Reading Challenge 2023
Starts Tuesday, May 30th!
Find Your Voice
DPL's Summer Reading Challenge begins Tuesday, May 30th, and runs through the summer. Patrons can preregister beginning Monday, May 1st. Sign-up through the Beanstack app or stop in for a paper log. If you participated with Beanstack last summer, simply sign-on & choose your challenge. With Beanstack you will be able to:
- Track what you're reading right from your phone, tablet or computer!
- Earn badges for reading or completing other challenges.
- Collect prizes or tickets for logging your weekly reading.
How does it work?
- Create your account in Beanstack or download the app through Android or iOS systems. (App does not load on Kindle Fires)
- Read books! Read or listen to whatever books you want, in any format you want! Just read!
- Check-in with Beanstack to gain entries for the Grand Prizes and bonus swag.
All entries must be submitted by August 12th.
This year's challenge is 25 days of reading. Participants will earn a ticket for the drawings for every 5th day of reading (up to 25 days). Additional tickets will be awarded at 30 days, at 50 days and for sharing what you've read by writing reviews.
Be sure to log the days you read -- we're aiming for a total of 25,000 days of reading across our DPL community this summer! Watch the total grow at the top of the page or app!
Questions? Call the Reference Desk at 217-424-2900 ext. 5. Or email us at ReadingPrograms@decaturlibrary.org or message us via Facebook Messenger.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Sponsors Make It Possible! Thanks to:
- Novel Ideas
- Jimmy Johns
- Children's Museum of IL
- DISC (Decatur Indoor Sports Center)
- Decatur Area Arts Council
Would you or your business like to help sponsor the 2023 Summer Reading Program or future programs? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.