Beanstack Quick Start Guide
Summer Reading from wherever you are! This year you can register and track your reading online, from the convenience of your computer, tablet, or smartphone. You can even log the reading activities for all your family from one account, using our library's Beanstack platform.
Who can participate? Everyone! If you read or listen to books you can join in!
- Online registration opens Tuesday, May 26. Program begins June 1.
- Start your free account (with email & password), either through the library's Beanstack site or the Beanstack smartphone app at Android or iOS.
- Enter individuals in your family or group, and register each for the age-appropriate Reading Challenge (Children's, Young Adult, Adult).
- Once the first week's reading is completed, log completion with the next Activity Badge. Each week earns you fun rewards and another ticket for the final drawing.
- Check out how to log participation in library events, or submit written or photo reviews of favorite books as well.
Be sure to log your reading time -- we're aiming for 1,000,000 (yes, ONE MILLION) reading minutes across our DPL community this summer! Watch the total grow at the top of the page or app!
Reading Rewards for the Adult and YA Challenge
Some of the check-ins/logging will earn you a little extra surprise, but all badges earned will get you a raffle ticket or few! You can then put those tickets into the drawing of your choice:
- 1 of 3 Kindle Fire 7s (per program)
- A Family ZooMu pass
- An evening out Downtown (Dinner & a movie)
- A month pass to the DISC (Decatur Indoor Sports Complex)
- Axe Throwing Session with Rocket Axe
- Coffee Bundle with cups from the River Coffee Co.
- Art bundle, including a DAAC (Decatur Area Arts Council) voucher for a class
- Robotic Dinosaur
- Star Wars Bundle
- Harry Potter Bundle
Again our thanks to the Friends of the Decatur Public Library for making this possible, and to our community partners working with us through these times.
For help setting up reading goals for Children, please click here.