YA Summer Reading Challenge
Starts Tuesday, June 1!
Let's Read, Decatur!
DPL's Summer Reading Program will kick off Monday, June 1, and run through the summer. Patrons can preregister beginning Monday, May 24. You can sign-up through the Beanstack app or stop in for a paper log. If you participated with Beanstack last summer, then simply sign-on & choose your challenge. With Beanstack you will be able to:
- Track what you're reading right from your phone, tablet or computer!
- Earn badges for reading or completing other challenges.
- Collect prizes or tickets for logging your weekly reading.
How does it work?
- Create your account in Beanstack or download the app through Android or iOS systems. (App does not load on Kindle Fires)
- Read books! Read or listen to whatever books you want, in any format you want! Just read!
- Check-in with Beanstack to gain an entries for the Grand Prizes and bonus swag.
All entries must be submitted by August 14th.
This year's challenge is 25 days of reading. Participants will earn a ticket for the drawings for every 5th day of reading (up to 25 days). Additional tickets will be awarded for sharing what you've read by writing reviews.
Be sure to log the days you read -- we're aiming for a total of 15,000 days of reading across our DPL community this summer! Watch the total grow at the top of the page or app!
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Sponsors Make It Possible! Thanks to:
Due to the strain on the community, Decatur Public Library has decided once again, WE will be supporting our small businesses and local organizations. It's time to give back to the amazing sponsors who have supported us through the years. We encourage our patrons to support them as well!
- Novel Ideas
- Coney McKane's
- Sloan's Calzones
- Jimmy Johns
- Children's Museum of IL
- DISC (Decatur Indoor Sports Center)
- Decatur Area Arts Council
Would you or your business like to help sponsor the 2020 Summer Reading Program or future programs? Contact us at email@example.com for details.