YA Summer Reading Challenge
Starts Monday, June 1!
Dig, Deeper, DISCOVER!
DPL's Summer Reading Program will kick off Monday, June 1, and run through the summer. Patrons can preregister beginning Tuesday, May 26. Additionally, we are excited to announce our new digital platform Beanstack! We will be providing more information in the coming weeks. With Beanstack you will be able to:
- Track what you're reading right from your phone, tablet or computer!
- Earn badges for reading or completing other challenges.
- Collect prizes or tickets for logging your weekly reading.
How does it work?
- Create your account in Beanstack or download the app through Android or iOS systems. (App does not load on Kindle Fires)
- Read books! Read or listen to whatever books you want, in any format you want! Just read!
- Check-in with Beanstack to gain an entries for the Grand Prizes and bonus swag.
- For bonus entries, complete challenges throughout the summer.
All entries must be submitted by August 15th. Participants will have the opportunity to check-in up to 8 times for their weekly entries, over the course of the summer.
Be sure to log your reading time -- we're aiming for 1,000,000 (yes, ONE MILLION) reading minutes across our DPL community this summer! Watch the total grow at the top of the page or app!
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Sponsors Make It Possible! Thanks to:
Due to the strain on the community, Decatur Public Library has decided that this year, WE will be supporting our small businesses. We could not do that with the amazing support from the Friends of the Decatur Public Library. Please visit their 2nd Saturday Sales, once they resume, and make them your Amazon Smile charity to help them to continue support of us and literacy in our community.
It's time to give back to the amazing sponsors who have supported us through the years. We encourage our patrons to support them as well!
- Novel Ideas
- Coney McKane's
- Sloan's Calzones
- Jimmy Johns
- Children's Museum of IL
- DISC (Decatur Indoor Sports Center)
- Decatur Area Arts Council
Would you or your business like to help sponsor the 2020 Summer Reading Program or future programs? Contact us at email@example.com for details.