Return of the Peeps® On Parade
It’s the sweetest time of year! DPL is conducting our 2nd Peeps® on Parade Float/ Scene Contest! Get a kit, get creative, and get working!
This year we will be building kits for you to pick-up and get started.
• Registration for getting a kit will begin March 1st, 2021.
• Kits will be available for pick-up beginning March 22nd, 2021
• Submissions will be accepted April 5th through April 17th.
o Submissions can be dropped off or submitted through email or social media
o Digital submissions should be a side view, additional detail views are optional
• All submissions will be shared in our digital parade (we will photograph those dropped off to us). An in-person parade is still TBD.
2021 Peeps® On Parade
Make a scene/float – using Peeps®! Love ’em or hate ‘em, they’re a springtime staple. Let your creativity shine with bunnies, chicks, and more!
• Each scene/float must have a theme related to something in the library (book, DVD, magazine, program/event, etc.)
• All characters must be portrayed by Peeps® and you must include at least 1 Peep®. • Your entry should have a title displayed visibly on the front. o No names or other identifiers should be present.
• Scene/float must be containable within the shoebox, free standing (able to support themselves with no additional bracing) and stable enough to move from one area to another within the library, if needed.
• Limit 1 entry per contestant/group.
• All entries must be in good taste. We reserve the right to omit entries we feel are inappropriate.
• The library is not responsible for any damage or theft to the dioramas. • By entering the contest, you give the library permission to take pictures of your creations and share them and/or your name online and/or in print.
• Two Peeps
• Construction or other color paper
• Assortment of fuzzy sticks
• Assortment of buttons
• Assorted pony beads
• Lengths of ribbon and/or yarn
• March 1st -- Registration for Kits
• March 22nd -- Kits available for pick-up
• April 5th – 17th – Submission accepted o Submissions can be dropped off or submitted through email or social media o Digital submissions should be a side view, additional detail views are optional