Children's Winter Reading Challenge 2021
Sign up online or in the library! Starts January 19.
Children's Winter Reading Challenge
January 19 - April 10, 2021
What could be cooler during the winter than reading or listening to books? How about earning some fun rewards while you're doing it?!
Our Winter Reading Program starts Tuesday, January 19, but you can sign up in advance online.
- Sign up online through Beanstack starting Monday, January 4 or download the app through Android or iOS systems. (App does not load on Kindle Fire, but you can sign up online with your Fire browser.)
- If you already created a Beanstack account for the Summer Reading Program, you can sign in with the same email, and just enroll your child in the Children's Winter Challenge.
- If you prefer, we can sign you up at the library. Give us a call at the Children's Desk, 217-424-2900 ext. 5, during regular business hours.
- The Children's Challenge is simple: For every day that your child reads or listens to books, log that day via Beanstack or your reading log.
- If you would like a printed reading log for your child to mark off their days of reading in addition to (or instead of) logging in Beanstack, you can request them via Curbside Pickup, pick them up at the Children's Desk in the library (starting January 19), OR you can download and print the PDF file here from home.
- Read or listen to books! Whether a little or a lot, include reading every day, and keep track on Beanstack or in your reading log.
- Your child will earn rewards for completing 15 days of reading, then 30 days. Then they can do another round of 15 and 30 days for more rewards!
- 15 days -- Scratch 'n' Sniff bookmark & book bag
- 30 days -- Choice of a free book and a Papa Murphy's Mini Murph pizza coupon
- 45 days -- DPL color-changing pencil
- 60 days -- Temporary tattoos
- Once the library reopens to the public, you'll be able to come in and pick up rewards.
- Last chance to record your minutes on Beanstack is Saturday, April 10!
Sign up online here: DPL Winter Reading Program 2021.
Thanks to our sponsors: The Friends of the Decatur Public Library and Papa Murphy's Pizza of Decatur
Have a question? Check out our FAQ page.