Launching November 10
We are expanding our digital collections on hoopla!
If you aren’t familiar with hoopla, you can Read, Watch, and Listen to more than 950,000 eBooks, audiobooks, comics, movies, music, or television titles. You can sign up for hoopla with your library card at hoopladigital.com and download the hoopla app from the app store.
Instant titles can be borrowed immediately – no waiting. With hoopla Flex titles you will find thousands of new and popular books that you can borrow now or place on hold to read later.
What is hoopla Flex?
- In addition to the 14 hoopla Instant borrows you receive each month with your Decatur Public Library card, you now will have 10 Hoopla Flex borrows you can use on thousands of specially marked hoopla Flex eBooks and Audiobooks.
How do I use hoopla Flex?
- With hoopla Flex titles you will find thousands of new and popular books that you can borrow now or place on hold to read later. If you ever run out of hoopla Flex borrows, you can always return a checked-out Flex item and select a new one. Don’t forget to check your holds on hoopla. Your holds will expire in 48 hours.
- Unlike the 14 hoopla Instant Borrows you receive each month, hoopla Flex Borrows don’t have any monthly expirations.
- Each hoopla Flex title you Borrow is available for 21 days and if you run out of Flex Borrows, you can just return a checked out Flex item and borrow another title.
Look for this logo to see which titles are available as Flex titles.
What if a Flex title isn't available?
- If a title isn't available, you can place a hold for later.
- A patron can have a maximum of 5 holds placed at a time.
- When the item becomes available, it will automatically "check out" to you
What about renewals?
- Patrons are allowed 3 consecutive renewals (for both Flex and Instant) if there are no other requests for the item.
- Renewal will not be allowed if there is a hold on the item for another patron.