Decatur Public Library is pleased to present Hoopla Digital to give patrons online and mobile access to free movies, music, eBooks and more.
Decatur Public Library card-holders can instantly explore, borrow and enjoy dynamic content on their smartphones, tablets and PCs, 24/7.
Checkouts are limited to seven items per month. The month resets on the first of each month. Items cannot be renewed, but you may re-borrow. Music titles may only be borrowed twice during the month.
- eBooks, Audiobooks, and Comics – 21 days
- Music – 7 days
- Movies – 3 days
Downloading the App
For Nook Colors, Android tablets and phones, iPads, and iPhones, follow these steps:
- Go to your device’s App Store, and install Hoopla Digital.
- Open the app and choose sign up to get started. If you allow the app to access your location, Decatur Public Library should be listed in “Nearby Libraries”, or you can search for your library. You will need to give your email address and create a password for Hoopla. You will also need with your DPL library card # and PIN.
- You can search for eBooks, audiobooks, movies/television, and music by title, author, or keyword in the search box and narrow by filter, or just browse through their pre-established categories. Click on the cover for more information about the item or to borrow.
- Once you’ve chosen an item, click borrow. You will have the option to read or play, otherwise the item will be in “My Titles” for you to access later.
- You can see the items you have out under “My Titles”. Tap on the item you wish to read/play, and then click read/play to start or continue. The selection should pick up from where you last left off. You can also see when a title is going to return automatically, or return the item from this screen.
If you need help using Hoopla, please feel free to stop by the Decatur Public Library for assistance. You can also visit Hoopla's help section.