We're sorry, this event has passed.
2:00pm - 3:00pm
Every year students in the 4th through 8th grades across Illinois get to select their favorite book in the Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Award Program. Students who have read or listened to at least 3 books on the list of 20 nominees can vote at their participating school.
Homeschool students in the 4th - 8th grade are invited to join in our Caudill discussion group at the Decatur Public Library. We'll meet 7 times, each month discussing a different book among the nominees. Students will need to read or listen to each month's book prior to the meeting. Everyone who has read or listened to at least 3 of the books will be able to vote in our February meeting for their favorite.
Students are not required to attend every meeting, but are encouraged to do so.
Homeschool students in the 4th through 8th grades
Online here or by calling the Children's Desk at the Decatur Public Library at 217-424-2900 ext. 5. (You just need to register ONCE for the group, not for each particular date.)
When & Where:
From 2 to 3 p.m., the last Wednesday of every month, September - April (adjusted for Thanksgiving and off in December).
Children's Auditorium, Decatur Public Library
Book List (click book title to request a copy in the library catalog):
- Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2 p.m. -- Book: Restart, by Gordon Korman
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2 p.m. -- Book: The Blackthorn Key, by Kevin Sands
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2 p.m. -- Book: Space Case, by Stuart Gibbs
- Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2 p.m. -- Book: Piecing Me Together, by Renée Watson
- Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2 p.m. -- Book: The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle, by Leslie Connor
- Wednesday, Mar. 25, 2 p.m. -- Book: Slider, by Pete Hautman
- Wednesday, Apr. 29, 2 p.m. -- Book: All's Faire in Middle School, by Victoria Jamieson