Free Tax Help
Get FREE online filing of State and Federal income tax forms for families (more than one person in household) with $50,000 or less in total income and individuals with $25,000 or less in total income.
We're sorry, this event has passed.
12:00pm - 1:00pm
No appointments will be taken. First come – first served.
Please note that times and dates of this service can vary or even be cancelled due to to bad weather, staff availability, or other unforeseen circumstances. Questions? Call the Decatur Public Library at 424-2900 ext. 6131 or 6100.
What to bring with you:
- All W-2s, W2G, and 1099s for the year(s) you want to file
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN’s) for all family members.
- A valid (not expired) photo identification for all family members
- Copies of last year’s State and Federal tax returns
- Proof of bank account number and routing number, if you choose to direct deposit your tax refund
- Total amount paid for day care and the necessary ID numbers
- Property tax bill
- Amount spent on college expenses
This is a FREE service provided by the students of Millikin University. The Decatur Public Library provides the location.
Questions about your tax returns? Please call the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040.