We're sorry, this event has passed.
4:00pm - 5:00pm
Students in the 4th through 8th grade -- Register now for the Rebecca Caudill Book Discussion Groups beginning in September! Kids will read one title per month (except December), and meet via Zoom to discuss that month's book. Meetings will be facilitated by Christy Cameron, and take place normally on the last Wednesday of the month at 4 p.m. Registered participants will receive the Zoom meeting link via email.
The Rebecca Caudill award is voted on by students across Illinois each year, and our group will vote in February. Students can vote who meet these qualifications:
- Have read at least 3 titles from the 20 on the Caudill nominee list.
- Are in the 4th through 8th grade.
- Are NOT voting for the Caudill award at any other school.
Please register even if you will not be able to attend every meeting.
The schedule of groups and books to be discussed:
- Wednesday, September 30 -- Speechless by Adam Schmitt
- Wednesday, October 28 -- Spirit Hunters by Ellen Oh
- Wednesday, November 18 -- The Parker Inheritance by Varian Johnson
- Wednesday January 27 -- The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl by Stacy McAnulty
- Wednesday, February 24 -- Front Desk by Kelly Yang
- Wednesday, March 31 -- Nowhere Boy by Katherine Marsh
- Wednesday, April 28 -- Me, Frida, and the Secret of the Peacock Ring by Angela Cervantes
You can see all the 2021 Caudill nominee books and request any title here in our online catalog.
About the Caudill Award
For more information about the award and previous winners, check the Rebecca Caudill award website.