Thursday, June 2, 2022
1:30pm - 3:30pm
Quiet Study Room
We're happy to host Legal Aid services at the library. In partnership with Chad Murray of Land of Lincoln Legal Aid, Decatur Public Library will be providing our community access to legal aid at no cost. Mr. Murray will be available Thursday afternoons from 1:30-3:30pm. Please note that these times are subject to change or cancellation. Call (217) 421-9731 to confirm availability.
Mr. Murray can assist with legal questions and concerns covering:
- Sealing or Expungement of Juvenile Records
- Help with EIPs in Schools
- Visitation & Child Custody
- Credit Collection & Bankruptcy
- Disability Rights
- Simple Wills & Powers of Attorney
- Rental & Housing Rights
If Legal Aid in the Library is not available this week due to pandemic conditions in Macon County please refer to the numbers below for assistance:
- If you have general legal issues, please contact the Legal Advice and Referral Center at (877) 342-7891.
- If you have an eviction or housing-related issue, please contact the Eviction and Fresh Start hotline at (855) 601-9474