John Ward, Jr.
- Born in 1791 in South Carolina.
- Married Jane Madole in 1813, and together they had 12 children.
- Helped found the Ward Settlement in South Wheatland Township. This was later the site of the Mueller Lodge.
- Helped in the forming of Macon County in 1829.
- Issued the first ferry license on December 7, 1829.
- Had the first recorded deed in Macon County. Issued on December 18, 1829.
- Was the road supervisor in 1831.
- Ran a store at Indian Bluff, south of Decatur.
- Died in 1831, and was buried in Walnut Grove Cemetery.