Curbside Pickup Steps
Three Step Curbside Pickup Process:
Step one: Place Your Items on Hold.
- Place items on hold using the library website catalog. (We will not be taking phone or email requests at this time.) Choose the Search box in the right-hand corner of the library website. You will need your library card number and PIN. (Library staff can reset PIN numbers.)
- Search for an item
- Choose "Request It" to place an item on request. At this time only items owned by Decatur Public Library will be available for hold request.
- Library staff will prepare your items for pickup. Limited to 10 items.
- As soon as your hold is available, you will be provided with a phone number to call to arrange a pickup time.
Step two: Call the library staff to arrange pickup time.
- Talk with library staff to arrange the next available pickup time slot.
Step three: Pick up your items.
- Visit the library within the date/time period agreed upon with DPL staff. Go to the Library’s designated Curbside Pickup location in the south area of the parking lot or at the designated area under the south canopy if you are a pedestrian pickup. Please use the south side of the parking lot to pick up items and the north side of the lot when returning materials. Please be aware of your surroundings and drive carefully when arriving at the curbside pickup area.
- Arrive at the library within an hour of your scheduled appointment time to prevent having to reschedule.
- Pickup locations for drive-up and walk-up service will be clearly marked and social distancing procedures will be strictly followed. The walk-up service is ONLY for people NOT arriving in a vehicle.
- Park in one of the marked spaces. Call the number on the sign in front of you. Library staff will ask your last name and the number of the space in which you are parked. Library staff will then bring your items to you, already checked out on your library card. Please have your trunk open if you have one.
- Wait for delivery of materials. Remain in your vehicle until library staff has delivered your items and moved away from the pickup area. Then you may approach and pick up your library materials and/or close the trunk of your car.