Children's Summer Reading Program
Earn rewards for reading or listening to books! Last day to bring in reading logs: Saturday, August 31.
Over 1,440 kids have been reading or listening to books and earning fun rewards! Over 550 have already completed all 5 goals and earned a free book, thanks to the Friends of the Decatur Public Library. You can see their names posted in the Franklin Street window of the Children's Section.
How does it work?
- Pick up your personal Reading Log in the library to track books read or listened to over the summer.
- Set a reading goal for the first week or so. It may be a certain number of books, chapters, minutes per day -- whatever works best for you or your child. Then check out books, go home and read!
- Write down the titles of your books, come back and get a sticker for your book log and rewards for completing the first goal! Then set a new goal, and read some more! There are 5 goal levels, and 5 sets of rewards.
- The last day to bring in Reading Logs and collect rewards is Saturday, August 31.
What can you earn? Rewards include a bookmark, pencil, tattoos, a book bag, food coupons from our sponsors, and your choice of a free book, thanks to the Friends of the Decatur Public Library!
We love our sponsors! Their contributions encourage kids to have fun with reading and build a lifelong love of learning.
Thanks to these sponsors of our 2019 Children's Summer Reading Program:
- Friends of the Decatur Public Library
- Jimmy John's
- McDonald’s of Decatur
- Monical's Pizza
- Papa Murphy’s Pizza
- Texas Roadhouse
- Wendy’s Restaurants