Children's 2020 Summer Reading Challenge
Read, Investigate, Discover! Register & participate online! June 1 - August 15.
Summer Reading from wherever you are! This year you can register and track your reading online, from the convenience of your computer, tablet, or smartphone. You can even log the reading activities for all your family from one account, using our library's Beanstack platform.
- Register online, and log your reading and activities June 1 through August 15.
- Start your free account (with email & password), either through the library's Beanstack site or the Beanstack smartphone app for Android (Google) or iOS (Apple).
- Enter as many individuals as you want in your family or group under that account, and register each for the age-appropriate Reading Challenge (Children's, Young Adult, Adult).
- For children, set the first week's reading goal for each (minutes, books, reading or listening, whatever works best) via the first Activity Badge.
- Once the first week's goal is completed, log completion with the next Activity Badge, and set the next week's goal. Each goal earns you fun rewards.
- You can also log the minutes or books read by each participant (individually or as a group) through the website or app, and earn badges along the way.
- Check out how to log participation in library events, or submit written or photo reviews of favorite books as well.
Be sure to log your reading time -- we're aiming for 1,000,000 (yes, ONE MILLION) reading minutes across our DPL community this summer! Watch the total grow at the top of the page or app!
Reading Rewards for the Children's Challenge
- Registration: Coupon for a free book from a Friends of the Library 2nd Saturday book sale.
- Complete 1st Reading Goal: Book Bag, Monical's Pizza coupon, McDonald's ice cream cone coupon
- Complete 2nd Reading Goal: Bookmark & Stickers
- Complete 3rd Reading Goal: Temporary Tattoos, Wendy's Frosty coupon, McDonald's small fries coupon, ticket for the T-shirt drawing (We have 70 to give away, so your chances are good!)
- Complete 4th Reading Goal: DPL Mood Pencil, Papa Murphy's pizza coupon, McDonald's frozen drink coupon
- Complete 5th Reading Goal: Choice of book from the Friends of the Library, McDonald's cheeseburger coupon, Texas Roadhouse coupon
Questions? Check our Summer Reading Program FAQ page.
Need more detailed instructions? Check our Beanstack instructions page.
For Day Cares and Other Groups
Any group with multiple participants can register as a "family" under one account. There is no practical limit to the number of participants that can be under the same account.
- When starting your account, put the name of your agency or group in the "Last Name" field. Put the name of the contact person in the "First Name" field.
- If you also have a personal account for the Summer Reading Program (for yourself or your own family), be sure to use a different email and phone number for your group account. (You can't use the same email or phone number for two different accounts.)