2nd Annual Peeps® On Parade
We're taking this parade virtual!
Due to the current stay-at-home restrictions, we've decided to hold the Peep Parade right here (and on our Facebook page). We're extending the submission time, so everyone can take advantage of the local pick-up options and maintain social distancing practices. Please check out the new timeline and submissions details below.
2020 Peeps® On Parade
Make a scene/float – using Peeps®! Love ’em or hate ‘em, they’re a springtime staple.
Let your creativity shine with bunnies, chicks, and more!
- Each scene/float must have a theme related to something in the library (book, DVD, magazine,
- All characters must be portrayed by Peeps® and you must include at least 1 Peep®.
- Your entry should have a title displayed visibly on the front.
- o No names or other identifiers should be present.
- Children (8 & under)
- Tween (9-12)
- Teen (13-18)
- Adult (19 & up)
- Family (Adults & children working together)
- Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges.
- Judging will be based on originality, creative use of Peeps®, neatness, & overall quality.
- “Peep-les Choice” winner will be determined by popular vote.
- Fame, glory, and bragging rights for all!
- $10 gift card awarded to:
- One winner from each age bracket
- One overall “Peep-le’s Choice” winner
- March 2nd --Rules and entry forms available
- April 13th - May 2nd -- Submission -- please send us a picture of your creation to email@example.com or message us on Facebook http://m.me/decaturlibrary
- May 4th - May 16th -- “Peep-le’s Choice” Voting Period
- Awards Ceremony - TBD
Boxes/platforms should be standard shoebox size. Scene/float must be free standing (able to support themselves with no additional bracing). Limit 1 entry per contestant/group. All entries must be in good taste. We reserve the right to omit entries we feel are inappropriate. By entering the contest, you give the library permission to take pictures of your creations and share them and/or your name online and/or in print.