BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Tax Season Update
Call 217-424-6381 Monday-Friday between 1-4 pm to schedule your appointment (Do NOT leave a message. Calls will not be returned). Scheduling begins Monday, February 8 to set up tax appointments for dates starting Thursday, February 18.
Get FREE online filing of State and Federal income tax forms for:
- Families (more than one person in household) with $50,000 or less in total income.
- Individuals with $25,000 or less in total income.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Appointments will be scheduled by age group to ease scheduling (See below for relevant dates)
- To make an appointment call 217-424-6381 Monday-Friday 1-4 pm beginning February 8th.
- Library staff will NOT be making appointments. You must call the phone number listed.
- Limit of 20 people on Thursday nights 4:00pm-7:30pm
- Limit of 40 people on Saturdays 9:00am-2:00pm
- On the date/time of your appointment, please enter through the outer door marked "Taxes"
February 18-27 Appointments for patrons 30 years old and under
March 1-13 Appointments for patrons 30-50 years old
March 25-April 1 Appointments for patrons 50 years and over
Please note that times and dates of this service can vary or even be cancelled due to bad weather, staff availability, or other unforeseen circumstances.
What to bring:
- All W-2s, W2G, and 1099s for the year(s) you want to file.
- Social security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) for all family members.
- A valid (NOT EXPIRED) photo identification for all family members.
- Copies of last year's State and Federal tax returns.
- Proof of bank account number and routing number (if you choose direct deposit for your refund).
- Total amount paid for day care and the necessary ID numbers.
- Property tax bill.
- Amount spent on college expenses.
This is a FREE service provided by students of Millikin University. The Decatur Public Library provides the location. If you have questions about your tax returns please call the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040.