2019 Tax Preparation
Postponed Until Further Notice
Due to Millikin's Spring Break extension and their move to online classes, Dr. Brown is altering the process for tax preparation. Dr. Brown is offering to continue the service. During posted tax preparation times, individuals may drop-off their paperwork with Dr. Brown and fill out the required information. Filed tax paperwork can be picked up in one week. The 25 limit for Thursday and an updated limit of 30 for Saturday still applies. Please keep in mind that the situation is very fluid and subject to change.
Get FREE online filing of State and Federal income tax forms for:
- Families (more than one person in household) with $50,000 or less in total income.
- Individuals with $25,000 or less in total income.
NO APPOINTMENTS WILL BE TAKEN
- Limit of 25 people on Thursday nights
January 30, February 6, 13, 20, 27, March 5, 19 and April 9
- Limit of 30 people on Saturdays
February 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, March 21, 28 and April 4
*Tentative date Tuesday, April 14
Please note that times and dates of this service can vary or even be cancelled due to bad weather, staff availability, or other unforeseen circumstances.
Questions? Call the library at 424-2900 ext. 6131 or 6100
What to bring:
- All W-2s, W2G, and 1099s for the year(s) you want to file.
- Social security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) for all family members.
- A valid (NOT EXPIRED) photo identification for all family members.
- Copies of last year's State and Federal tax returns.
- Proof of bank account number and routing number (if you choose direct deposit for your refund).
- Total amount paid for day care and the necessary ID numbers.
- Property tax bill.
- Amount spent on college expenses.
This is a FREE service provided by students of Millikin University. The Decatur Public Library provides the location. If you have questions about your tax returns please call the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040.