Electronic Tax Preparation Service
at Decatur Public Library
in the Madden Auditorium
Beginning Thursday, January 30
Ending Saturday, April 12
Closed during Spring Break, March 8-18
Tuesdays: 4:30 – 6:30 pm
Thursdays: 4:30 – 6:30 pm
Saturdays: 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
Free electronic filing of federal and state tax forms for families (more than one person in household) with incomes of less than $50,000, and individuals with income of less than $25,000.
What to Bring:
- ALL W-2s, W2G, and 1099s (if any) for the year involved
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) for all family members
- Valid photo ID for all family members
- Copy of previous year’s federal and state (2012) tax returns
- Proof of bank account number and routing number if you choose to direct deposit your tax refund
- Total paid for day care and necessary ID numbers
- Property tax bill
- Amount spent on college expenses
This service is provided by Millikin University.
The Decatur Public Library is only the host facility.
If you have any questions about individual returns,
please call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040
If Decatur Public Library’s FREE Tax Preparation hours do not fit into your schedule, the Decatur Macon County Senior Center is offering FREE income tax preparation to low income tax payers as well. All ages are accepted, but older folks are preferred. Appointments are necessary. Appointment times are 9am to 11am Monday thru Friday. Those interested in this service should call the Decatur Macon County Senior Center at 429-1239 for an appointment. Bring all W-2 and 1099 forms from employers, SS cards for all family members, copies of last years tax returns and bank account info, if choosing direct deposit. Valid Picture ID also required. The Decatur Macon County Senior Center is located at 1430 N. 22nd St.